IT’S THE NEIGHBORLY THING TO DO (IT’S ALSO THE LAW)
Make Superior safe for everyone by clearing snow and ice from the public sidewalks around your property.
We are all pedestrians at some point in the day, whether walking to the bus, to a car, or to a neighborhood store. Without a wide, clear path, snow and ice on the sidewalk make it difficult for everyone – especially people with disabilities, seniors, and children – to walk safely.
In the City of Superior, all property owners are responsible for clearing snow and ice from public sidewalks adjacent to their property. If an owner does not clear the sidewalk, then the City of Superior may take action to have the snow removed. The cost of the removal along with an additional administrative fee will be charged to the owner of the property. Please do your part to help make Superior safe for everyone!
Tips for Sidewalk Snow Removal
- Remove snow from ALL sidewalks adjacent to your property, including ramps to crosswalks.
- Push snow into your yard or adjacent “boulevard.”
- Do not push snow into: the street, bike lanes, alley entrances, curb ramps, crosswalks or neighboring properties.
- When clearing driveways, do not block sidewalks with snow.
- If you need to use sand or salt on icy surfaces, use only as much as is actually needed. When over-used, all chloride compounds & excess sediment can be harmful to the environment.
- Clear the full width of the sidewalk to allow mobility and access to pedestrians in wheelchairs, people with children in strollers, students walking to school and individuals with assistive devices.
- Be a good neighbor and offer help to those in your neighborhood who are physically unable to clear their own sidewalks.
Contact City of Superior Code Compliance at 715-395-7596 or
firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns about sidewalk snow removal in your neighborhood. Also, connect with us on Facebook!
A link to the full Superior Municipal Code of Ordinances and other helpful information can be found on our web page http://www.ci.superior.wi.us/326/Code-Compliance
Referenced Superior Municipal Code of Ordinance Sections:
Sec. 106-10. – Removal of snow and ice generally & Sec. 106-11. – Placing of snow on streets, alleys and sidewalks prohibited.