Project Staging, Schedule and Traffic Overview:
Project Detours – There is a signed truck detour utilizing the City of Superior Truck Route. There is also an alternative detour route signed for other traffic to bypass the project.
- Expect delays when travelling through the project.
- When approaching the project limits, Changeable Message Boards read:
- USH 2 Follow Detour
- Belknap Open For Business
- Ogden Avenue:
- South of Belknap closed until 6/15/17.
- North of Belknap closed until 8/14/17.
- Bidirectional traffic on the east side of Tower Avenue (STH 35) from North 14th Street to North 16th Street.
- Bidirectional traffic on the north side of Belknap from Birch Avenue to Hill Avenue.
- Left & Right turns onto Belknap are not allowed from Tower Avenue.
- Recent rains cost the project a few days of work.
- Concrete saw cutting from Birch to Hill.
- Banks Avenue removals to start street lighting bases and signal base
- Asphalt saw cuts on side streets and parking lots.
- Begin decorative column and fence installations.
- Continue water main and storm sewer work.
- Continue with street lighting bases and signal bases.
Next Contractors Meeting
Monday, May 8th, 1:00 pm in the Lake Superior Room at the WIS-DOT Office at 1701 N. 4th Street.
|Brendan Dirkes, P. E.
Wisconsin Department of Transportation
|Pete Dieckman, P.E.
Construction Project Leader
Northern Wisconsin-Based Engineers, Inc.
Belknap Field Office: 715 718-2334