The Christmas Lighting Challenge had 81 homes and businesses in 4 communities participating the largest challenge yet. Heeding the community’s desire to see this event reinstated during the holiday season, A Sweet Event again spearheaded the operation it started in 2015. Over 1000 votes are in and over ten thousand views of the online lighting map prove this region loves Christmas lights!
The community chosen winners were announced Friday, December 22nd at an award ceremony at Bentleyville. Winners who attended were presented with gift basket and plaques.
*** Winners ***
Tom & Kathy Zeman- 4410 Vermilion Rd
Solutions Insurance Agencies
Brett & Amanda DeFoe – 2101 E 3rd St
Charlene Schlenvogt – 911 Carlton Ave
Carlton County Historical Society
Mike Rousseau – 1742 County Hwy 2
Ryan and Lindsay Kern – 2725 Exhibition Dr, Duluth, MN
Brett & Amanda DeFoe – 2101 E 3rd St, Superior, WI
Favorite Christmas City
A full list of lighting displays, an interactive map and voting results (12-22-17) can be found here: Site link –http://www.sweeteventduluth.com/lightingchallenge The goal is to provide the community a fun resource of lighting displays for the community to tour.
We are grateful to the Superior, Cloquet, and Two Harbors Chambers along with the Superior BID and Legacy Toys for joining Bentleyville and A Sweet Event to promote the local lighting challenge this year.
Special thanks to Destination Duluth, the Duluth Mom’s Blog, Joy Marketing, St. Luke’s, Northland Vending and many other businesses that have joined to bring visibility to this local event for the entire region.
Gift basket and winner prizes include:
- Advantage Emblem & Bentleyville: A Plaque announcing their home or business as the winner for this years contest in their city. Bentleyville Swag
- St. Lukes: 6 pairs of mittens and 6 Blue Tooth speakers for the prizes, $250 gift certificate to St. Luke’s Plastic Surgery Associates (Master Winner)
- Duluth Moms Blog: Mason Jar Tumblers, Coffee, Tote bags
- Legacy Toys: Stuffed animals for 6 baskets & a gift certificate (Master Winner)
- Miller Hill Mall: $100 Simon gift card (Best Overall Winner)
- A Sweet Event: 4 gift cards sirius radio (Business Winners), 4 gift cards to Dunkin Donuts for Business winners, 6 gift cards to Caribou Coffee for home winners, other swag items
- Holiday Inn: 1 Night stay (Master Winner), $30 gift certificate to the Lyric (Master Winner)
- Duluth Balloon Company: 4 – $20 certificates (Business Winners)
- Fannie Rose: 9 bags of popcorn
- Children’s Museum: 9 day passes