Pictured above: SBID Executive Director, Kelly Peterson greets President Biden with a hug at the Blatnik Bridge event at the Cedar Lounge. Photo credit to ABC News/Saul Loeb/AFP via Getty Images.
On Thursday, January 25, President Biden traveled to Superior, Wisconsin, where the Blatnik Bridge connects Wisconsin and Minnesota, to announce nearly $5 billion for major infrastructure projects that will transform communities across the country as a part of his Investing in America agenda and Bidenomics. Watch the President’s remarks here.
Two years ago, after he signed the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, President Biden visited the Blatnik Bridge and highlighted the vital yet deteriorating bridge as the type of infrastructure that he would rebuild across the country. Yesterday’s announcement—a transformative $5 billion investment that includes $1 billion to replace the Blatnik Bridge itself—is a key example of the President following through on that commitment.
- Remarks by President Biden on Investing in America and the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law | Superior, WI
- FACT SHEET: President Biden Announces Nearly $5 Billion for Major Transportation Projects Nationwide
- CBS: Biden unveils nearly $5 billion in new infrastructure projects
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: In trip to Superior, Wisconsin, Joe Biden looks to regain a key Democratic stronghold
- Minnesota Public Radio: Biden visits Duluth and Superior to tout infrastructure improvements like Blatnik Bridge
- CNN: US economy grew at a shocking pace in the fourth quarter